Works of Diving Hong Kong Co., Ltd was contracted by Green Island Cement Company Limited to carry out materials investigation at the Tap Shek Kok Jetty.
A working platform was installed beneath the jetty to allow access to the inspection areas. A Registered Structural Engineer was employed to provide structural design and check certificate of the calculations for the scaffold platform.
Scope of Works:
- Installation of access platforms at the inspection areas.
- 45 Nos. Piles for steel thickness measurements.
- 2 Nos. Concrete jacket removal.
- 4 Nos. Protection wrapping removal.
- 15 Nos. Bridge girder thickness measurements.
- 16 Nos. of Cover meter surveys (visual inspection carried out due to condition of concrete surface).
- 16 Nos. of Chloride penetration tests.
- 9 Nos. of Core compression tests.
- 16 Nos. of Rebound hammer tests